9809555585 HELP LINE
9809555585 HELP LINE
Signed in as:
While availing any of the payment method/s available on the Website, we will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and between "Bank/s", or Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
All payments made against the purchases/services/subscriptions on Website by you shall be compulsorily in Indian Rupees acceptable in the Republic of India. Website will not facilitate transaction with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Website. Before shipping / delivering your order to you, Seller may request you to provide supporting documents (including but not limited to Govt. issued ID and address proof) to establish the ownership of the payment instrument used by you for your purchase. This is done in the interest of providing a safe online shopping environment to Our Users.
1. Transactions, Transaction Price and all commercial terms such as Delivery, Dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between Buyer/Subscriber and Seller and payment facility is merely used by the Buyer/Subscriber and Seller to facilitate the completion of the Transaction.
3. You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by Barter Society is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment through Cash On Delivery, collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the Barter Society Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and Credit Card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing Payment Facility, Barter Society is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price.
Payment Facility for Buyers/Subscribers:
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, understand that upon initiating a Transaction You are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with the Seller to purchase the products and /or services from the Seller using the Payment Facility, and You shall pay the Transaction Price through Your Issuing Bank to the Seller using Payment Facility.
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, may agree with the Seller through electronic communication and electronic records and using the automated features as may be provided by Payment Facility on any extension / increase in the Dispatch and/or Delivery time and the Transaction shall stand amended to such extent. Any such extension / increase of Dispatch / Delivery time or subsequent novation / variation of the Transaction should be in compliance with Payment Facility Rules and Policies.
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, shall electronically notify Payment Facility using the appropriate Barter Society Website features immediately upon Delivery or non Delivery within the time period as provided in Policies. Non notification by You of Delivery or non Delivery within the time period specified in the Policies shall be construed as a deemed Delivery in respect of that Transaction.
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, shall be entitled to claim a refund of the Transaction Price (as Your sole and exclusive remedy) in case You do not receive the Delivery within the time period agreed in the Transaction or within the time period as provided in the Policies, whichever is earlier. In case you do not raise a refund claim using Website features within the stipulated time than this would make You ineligible for a refund.
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, understand that the Payment Facility may not be available in full or in part for certain category of products and/or services and/or Transactions as mentioned in the Policies and hence You may not be entitled to a refund in respect of the Transactions for those products and /or services
• Refund, if any, shall be made at the same Issuing Bank from where Transaction Price was received.
• Refund shall be made in Indian Rupees only and shall be equivalent to the Transaction Price received in Indian Rupees.
• For electronics payments, refund shall be made through payment facility using NEFT / RTGS or any other online banking / electronic funds transfer system approved by Reserve Bank India (RBI).
• Refund shall be conditional and shall be with recourse available to Barter Society in case of any misuse by Buyer/Subscriber.
• Refund shall be subject to Buyer/Subscriber complying with Policies.
4. Barter Society reserves the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which Barter Society may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer/Subscriber during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
5. Barter Society reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyer/Subscribers with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer/Subscriber with Barter Society or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
6. Barter Society may do such checks as it deems fit before approving the receipt of/Buyer/Subscribers commitment to pay (for Cash On Delivery transactions) Transaction Price from the Buyer/Subscriber for security or other reasons at the discretion of Barter Society. As a result of such check if Barter Society is not satisfied with the credit ability of the Buyer/Subscriber or genuineness of the Transaction / Transaction Price, it will have the right to reject the receipt of / Buyer/Subscribers commitment to pay Transaction Price.
7. Barter Society may delay notifying the payment confirmation i.e. informing Seller to Dispatch, if Barter Society deems suspicious or for Buyer/Subscribers conducting high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the Transaction and Transaction Price. In addition, Barter Society may hold Transaction Price and Barter Society may not inform Seller to Dispatch or remit Transaction Price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to Buyer/Subscriber) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event the Buyer/Subscriber is engaged in any form of illegal activity.
8. The Buyer/Subscriber and Seller acknowledge that Barter Society will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction/Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction/Transaction Price which is beyond control of Barter Society.
Compliance with Laws:
9. Buyer/Subscriber and Seller shall comply with all the applicable laws (including without limitation Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued there under and the Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made there under, Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made there under, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made there under, Export Import Policy of government of India) applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and Barter Society Website.
Buyer/Subscriber's arrangement with Issuing Bank:
10. All Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the Buyer/Subscriber and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company.
11. All Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective Issuing Bank which support Payment Facility to provide these services to the Users. All such Online Bank Transfers on Payment Facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between Buyer/Subscriber and the respective Issuing Bank.
12. All Physical Consignments including books, etc will be shipped to the customer by registered parcel/Courier whichever is available. All Digital Consignments including e-books, etc will be send to the customer by email/downloadable link whichever is available. All Consignments including books subscribed (in India or abroad) will be send by ordinary post only. Once payment is confirmed the Books will be dispatched within 10 business days. Subscription of the Magazine/weekly will commence from the next issue after confirmation of the payment or after two business days whichever is later.
Cancellation and Refund:
13. For cancelling a Subscription/Service the subscriber / buyer has to send a written request for the same by post or email to BarterSociety.in@Gmail.com. After getting written confirmation from the subscriber / buyer, balance amount after deducting the already dispatched issues / the amount being paid for service will be refunded to the subscriber within 90 working days. Overseas subscribers have to provide a local address (in India) for the refund of balance amount. All refunds will be made in Indian Rupee only.
14. In the event of non-receipt or damage of any issue/consignment, a substitute copy will be sent to the customer without any additional charge. No refund will be allowed to any already dispatched issue/consignments will be entertained.
15. If frequent complaint regarding non receipt and improper delivery of publication has received from the addressee, the matter will be taken up with India Postal authorities in writing for immediate action for regularizing the delivery.
Copyright © 2023 BARTER SOCIETY and BARTER PUBLISHING.
All Rights Reserved.